Facebook Link

Follow KidsYogaDaily on Facebook

Thursday, November 17, 2016

New book a stress reliever for tweens + teens


c/o Maggie DiPasquale

KYD: Why did you decide to pen this book?

MD: I really wanted students to have resources to help them feel better, especially around managing stress. I run all these great groups and work with students one-on-one and wanted to give girls tools to have at home. Everyone is so stressed and I think we overlook how debilitating it is. You can’t be doing your best or working at full capacity if you’re stressed and anxious.

KYD: Who is the book aimed at?

MD: I wrote it with...
middle and high school girls in mind. It’s the tools I use now to manage stress and what I wish I had when I was in school. I’ve given copies to my friends who love it too!

c/o Maggie DiPasquale
KYD: How should readers approach the book?

MD: It’s broken in to 3 sections: the mind, body and soul. I believe that in order to stress less, you have to balance each. They are interrelated, so if one if out of whack, it throws the others off to, but here’s the great part: when you work on one, it aligns all of the others. I also included #MeToo moments, wher I give real life examples of how I use the work in my real life.

KYD: What expectations should readers set for themselves?
MD: I tell everyone it’s a practice. Everyday is different. It’s more about consistency and a willingness to be open. Building an inner relationship to yourself is the ultimate goal, not how great you are at each exercise.

KYD: What are the biggest inhibitors to achieving a zen state?

MD: For me, it’s being overly busy. Also, comparison. When you look at what someone else has, or is doing, it’s hard to be grateful for what you have going on. Everyone is on a different journey even if your paths intercept.

KYD: What every-day practices can readers put in place TODAY to start on a healthier, less-stressed path?

MD: All the tips in the book are easily doable every day, but I’d recommend only doing one and working on it for a while. I call it New Year’s Resolution Syndrome, where we want to change a lot of things at once and end up sticking to nothing. Pick an exercise, get to know it. Make it yours.

KYD: What habits in your own life have helped you to become less stressed and more zenned out?

MD: One of the biggest habits that has helped me is meditation. I love doing things. I love being active. I would be constantly moving (and frantic) if it weren’t for meditation.

KYD: What is your hope for this book?

MD: My hope is for students to pick up the book and find relief. It’s hard to be stressed and anxious all day. I want to be the resource that helps.

.


No comments: