|Vitality Sports Bra at ivivva.com|
Just like our bodies, bras come in all shapes, sizes and strengths. So that you size yourself correctly, it can be helpful to seek out expert advice or try on several styles before making a purchase.
When shopping, bear in mind these 6 tips, found on sports retailer, REI’s website.
1. It should fit slightly tighter than a regular bra, but not so tight that you can't comfortably take a deep breath with the bra fastened on the middle hook.2. There should be no chafing around the armholes, shoulder straps or seams. If the sports bra has hooks or snaps, make sure those don't chafe, either.
3. The straps shouldn't dig into your shoulders.
4. To make sure you have the right size, raise your hands over your head. If the elastic band moves up your rib cage, you need a smaller band or the straps may need to be adjusted.
5. The cup fabric should be smooth. Wrinkles or puckers indicate the cup is too big.
6. Test the bra's support by jumping or running in place. You'll be able to feel whether it's sufficiently supportive or not.